Ready to migrate your WordPress website to a new, faster, more secure hosting environment? Great! Nestify has several advantages like free malware cleanup and it automatically changes your images to next gen WebP images that load more quickly. Keep in mind that this is something that should be done on a weekday when support is available. Don’t start the process on a Friday afternoon. Here are the steps.
- No Email – Make sure you have your email accounts hosted somewhere else because Nestify doesn’t provide email hosting.
- Disk Space – Make sure you have enough space on your current server to make a backup. That means you’ll need double the amount of space your current site uses. If you’re not sure, I can find out this information for you.
- Domain Name (DNS) Access -Make sure you have access to your domain name. If you are not sure which company has your domain name, you can find out here.
- Create Account – If you’d like to use Nestify, which I recommend, please use my link to create an paid account. You should get the first few days as a free trial. https://partners.nestify.io/1849.html When you create your account, you’ll be asked to choose a server. Choose one in the US, either Vultr Bare Metal or AWS (Amazon Servers), choose the Pro plan (you can upgrade anytime if you need more space), and then it will ask you to name your server at the bottom of the page. The name doesn’t really matter, so give it your company name. Click “Start Free Trial” and you’ll be taken to the page to enter your credit card info. I cannot migrate the site until you’ve given them your credit card info.
- Make me a Delegated User -Once you have created an account, add me to the account as a delegated user from the user accounts tab of the Nestify dashboard. See reference screenshot below. It would also be helpful if you change “My Organization” to the name of your business.
- WP Admin Access -Make sure I have admin access in the WordPress dashboard of the site you want to migrate
- Review Site on New Host -Once a copy of the site has been moved to Nestify, I will send you the temporary domain link so you can review it and make sure everything looks as it should. Be aware that some things that are dependent on the domain name like captchas, won’t work until the domain name is directed. Be sure Always ask if you are not sure!
- Updates -Once the site is moved, I will do any needed plugin, theme or core updates to make sure the site is running perfectly and review the server settings. This will probably include a PHP upgrade to make sure the site is as fast and secure as possible. All images will also be automatically converted to next gen WebP format for quick loading. I will also add a STMP mail plugin to insure that the form notifications will work seamlessly on the new server.
- Point Domain Name -Once you have reviewed the site and are happy with it, you can point the domain name, or give me access to the domain name to point it for you. We will only be pointing the A record. Once the migration has been done, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES UNTIL THE DOMAIN NAME HAS BEEN POINTED. Any changes will not be reflected on migrated site. If you must make changes, please be sure to alert me so we can move those changes over before we point the domain.
- Verify DNS Pointed -We will make a small change in the site so we will know when the domain record has been moved. Once the domain is pointed, we will need to test the forms to make sure notification emails are being sent.
- Cancel Old Account -Once you feel the site is working as you want, you can feel free to cancel your old hosting account. Be aware that some hosts provide rebates for unused portions of your hosting service while some do not.
Then, congratulations on your new, faster site! Read my blog post here about the performance enhancements I’ve experienced: https://www.wpdecoder.com/resources/nestify-is-my-new-favorite-hosting-company/